Monday, April 7, 2014

Family Reactions to the Natural Infant Hygiene Method - Older Brother with Three Kids

I was text messaging with my brother about how babies are much smarter than we give them credit for. We talked about how they are good at learning languages and can communicate with sign language much before they can speak. Since we agreed about how babies are more capable than commonly believed I decided it was time to see what he thought about Natural Infant Hygiene.

I basically sent a text that said that I am going to try Elimination Communication because of that belief that babies can do more than we think. He said, "I don't even know what that is but it sounds interesting!"

I love his enthusiasm! So I explained it and what my plan was and everything. He was genuinely interested and even said he wasn't surprised that people in other countries do this almost exclusively and only have rare "accidents" or messes.

His opinion is important to me about this not just because he is my brother and I respect him, but because he has raised three of his own kids so he knows the challenges that come with potty training. He is familiar with babies and their capabilities.

I am so excited to be able to talk to him about my successes and failures. It feels so good to be supported by an experienced parent! I'm even more enthusiastic to start the Natural Infant Hygiene Method now.

And, just for an update, the baby is due tomorrow! We'll see how that goes.

Share your thoughts about family reactions to Elimination Communication below! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment